Thursday 13 March 2014

Friday Afternoon Treat

I love Fridays. Not just because its the end of the week and the weekend is about to begin but because Friday is when my Graze box is delivered.
 
 

Graze is a company that delivers weekly healthy snack boxes. I signed up last November to receive weekly nibble boxes and I haven't regretted it one bit. 
 
On their website you can go through their selection of snacks and decide whether there are any that you never want to receive, or if there are any you want to receive soon. Once you've had the snacks you can let them know whether you liked it, loved it or didn't like it (so you won't be sent it again). Items you've liked or loved will be sent regularly in your boxes.
 
Each box is £3.89 which I think is pretty good value considering you get 4 high quality, tasty snacks sent right to your door. You can cancel at any time and if you're going on holiday you an put your deliveries on hold until you're back. Its really convenient.
 
Last Friday I received my favourite ever nibble box so I thought I'd let you know all about what was in my box and if you're considering signing up this post might convince you to give it a go!

So the inside of the box looks like this...
 

It comes with a handy little leaflet letting you know all the nutritional information and use by dates etc. for the items in each box.

The first snack was called My Thai.


I'd had this in my first ever box and I had 'liked' it on the Graze website so it has been sent to me occasionally. It's described as baked soy bites with a sweet chilli sauce. I don't really know how to describe the baked soy bites, they're sort of crunchy with a slight soy flavour, but anyway they're pretty good. The sauce is fairly hot but its really flavoursome and overall its a really yummy snack. If you're not good with spicy food I would be wary trying this but luckily for me I like spicy food so its not a problem. Plus its only 84 calories which makes it even better!

Next up is Slightly Sweet Healthy Popping Corn.


It comes in a bag to microwave and has the cooking instructions on. Its a good sized portion for one and was a perfect film snack when I was watching Titanic last Friday night (yes, I did spend Friday night watching Titanic - such a thrilling evening). Its only slightly sweet, but for me its sweet enough and the popcorn is really tasty, especially when its eaten warm straight out of the microwave. I didn't take a picture of the popcorn after I'd cooked it (I was too engrossed in Titanic) but it looks like your bog standard popcorn! The popcorn is 116 calories which I think is pretty good for quite a large portion of a snack that's usually a bit naughty.

The other two snacks in my nibble box were ones I hadn't tried before. This one was called Scrumptious Blueberry Swirl...



I'm a bit obsessed with blueberries at the moment so I really enjoyed this. It was raisins covered in blueberry yoghurt, with raspberry infused  dried cranberries and dried blackcurrants. The raspberry cranberries were really good and tasted like little sweets but the blackcurrants were quite hard and I'm not sure I liked the texture - their flavour was nice though. The yoghurt covered raisins made up for the blackcurrants though. They were really yummy and the yoghurt was really good - it inspired me to mix some frozen blueberries with some natural yoghurt which turned out to be a delicious Tuesday night snack.

However, the crowning glory of this week's nibble box was one of Graze's 'little puds' - Apple and Blackcurrant Crumble.


It came with a cute little spoon and can be eaten hot or cold - to heat you simply have to remove the film and microwave on high for 10 seconds.

I think this is possibly one of my favourite things I've ever had from Graze, it just tasted so good. Its a pretty small portion but its enough and the high quality taste certainly makes up for a lack of quantity.



It comes with a yummy blackberry compote which I spooned on top of the crumble.
 

There were lots of seeds and oats in it which was a healthy twist on a usual crumble. I don't really know how else to say how much I enjoyed this little crumble - I think you had better just try it for yourself!

I really love getting my Graze boxes and if you like the look of anything I've got then have a look at their website (click here) and have a little look at all their other snacks. If you're still interested give it a go and sign up - you can cancel if you change your mind but I'm sure you'll enjoy getting 4 tasty snacks delivered to your door once a week as much as I do!

Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment