Friday 9 May 2014

Perfect Start to the Day

I'm one of those people that gets really hungry in the morning. I never skip breakfast and I'm usually pretty hungry all morning so I need to start my day with something that will keep me full until lunch. For me I definitely think breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I cannot function without it. I'm also one of those people that gets bored quite easily if I eat the same thing too much. Although I love a big bowl of bran flakes or corn flakes (I tend to swap between the two) I've started to get really bored and really wanted something exciting that will help get me up early in order to get a whole day of studying done.

After I made Easter nests a few weeks ago I had loads of Shredded Wheat left over and decided to eat it up for breakfast but didn't fancy it just with milk like it said on the packet, so I've tended to have it with natural yogurt and fruit.

I think this morning's breakfast has been my favourite combination so far.


As I've mentioned before, blueberries have grown on me so much in the last year and they really helped to brighten up my morning. Also, I know pomegranate seeds are expensive (especially for poor students) but they are just so yummy and I couldn't resist buying some yesterday.

This isn't really a recipe, just an idea for quick but more exciting breakfasts than the usual corn flakes or toast. I also find having this for breakfast really satisfying as I never get hungry during the morning.

I used:

2 large spoonfuls of fat free Greek yogurt
1 Shredded Wheat biscuit
A handful of blueberries
A spoonful of pomegranate seeds
And a small squirt of honey to take the edge of the sourness of the yogurt


I think this is the perfect start to the day! Fairly healthy, filling and super tasty - what more could you want from an everyday breakfast?

If you have any other ideas for ways to eat Shredded Wheat (other than just with milk or yogurt on its own) then please leave a comment to let me know, I have a lot left and I don't think my bank balance will thank me if I keep buying blueberries and pomegranate seeds! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment