Friday 27 June 2014

Chorizo and Avocado Salad

On a warm and sunny day there's nothing quite as nice as a bowl of salad for lunch. At the moment I'm a bit obsessed with avocado and have been planning my lunch around what I can have it with. I'm trying not to eat bread so although mashed up avocado spread on toast and topped with prosciutto or chorizo is one my favourite lunch dishes, chopping it up and chucking it in a bowl with some lettuce, veggies and meat is a good substitute.



To make yourself a bowl of Chorizo and Avocado Salad you will need:

Two big handfuls of your favourite lettuce
Half of an avocado
A small handful of chopped bell pepper
4/5 sunblushed or cherry tomatoes
About 5 slices of thinly sliced chorizo
Half a handful of mozzarella
Your favourite salad dressing

Basically, just assemble your ingredients and throw them into a bowl and you're good to go! I like having one handful of lettuce from a bag of mixed leaves and another handful of roughly chopped iceberg lettuce or spinach because I like having a wide variety of textures and flavours in my salads. Until recently I never really like salad dressing but after trying Newman's Own French Dressing I've been converted. It accompanies any salad perfectly as it has a lovely sweet flavour but it's subtle so doesn't overpower the rest of the ingredients.




This is filling and great to enjoy at home or to take on the go. If you have any variations or other suggestions for things to add in please leave a comment below to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment